Sunday, April 20, 2014

Santa Barbara, how I miss thee

Posted by Matt

Colt, Kona, and I going for walk on the beach in Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara is my favorite place to run in all the world, hands down. I have so many great athletic memories from my 4 years in Santa Barbara  - I completed my first triathlon in Santa Barbara, trained for my first Marathon there (at the time it felt more like dragged on long runs by Chen - but in hindsight it was a great experience!), and qualified for the Boston Marathon for the first time at the inaugural Santa Barbara Marathon. And on top of that, it's absolutely gorgeous - with great views the ocean, perfect weather, and miles of flat trails perfect for running. Luckily, Katie and I got to return to Santa Barbara with Kona and Colt (we're watching Sandi and Will's dog as they head off to the Boston Marathon) for a good friend's wedding and got to spend time running on the bluffs and on the beach!

Kona running on the bluffs in Santa Barbara. Not that it needs to be said, but much cuter than a picture of me running. 
Good luck to Sandi and Chen in Boston tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you posted on the blog!!!! And also, majorly jealous that you got to run in Santa Barbara this weekend!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM ALSO SO EXCITED THAT YOU POSTED AND MADE A REAL BIO!!! Other boys - follow suit! - Chen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for watching Colt for us! I can only imagine that he and Kona love SB as well!

    ReplyDelete