Sunday, April 6, 2014

Quit on my run but not on my dinner

Posted by Rachel 

If any of you have read the “Meet the Team” page, you may have noticed that Chen mentions we’re all runners yet I claim to be a swimmer. Well, I swam competitively from age 9 until I quit in the middle of college. However, my love of food did not quit, and shortly after moving to California I realized I better take up another activity soon if I’m going to grad school on the beach. I was still a bit burnt out from over a decade of swimming, so that’s how I met running. The point of this story is to emphasize that I love food so much that I started running for it.

Skipping to today, I went out for a run with Sandi thinking “she’s doing 12, I’ll just do that with her”. At noon, with the sun beating on my already sunburnt face, arms, and legs, I realized quickly that this was a bit ambitious, especially since I’m not slated to race anything over 6.2 miles until October. When we passed my house at 8.5 it seemed good enough, I bailed and spent the rest of the day focusing on food (a good decision indeed).

Here’s the result:

Homemade pasta. To quote Travers, "You look like a little old Italian lady." I think what he meant to say is "thank you for this delicious dinner!". 
And the final product:

And that's all for today.

PS- Feel free to leave comments, people! One of these days, one of the eight of us will figure out how to display them at the bottom of the post without having to click.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to show up at your apartment one day and demand a homemade pasta meal. This is your official warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG homemade pasta. You deserve a million gold stars. If we ever come vista again I expect this on the menu.

    ReplyDelete