Sunday, March 8, 2015

Rachel's IM Canada training: week 4 (of 24)- the step-back!

Posted by Rachel

Even though I mentioned this last week, I don't actually expect we have readers that pay attention so I'll re-state that this was a (glorious) step-back week! It's hard to believe that 4/24 weeks are already gone! Here's my (relatively) low volume week:

Monday
am- 3200 yard swim
pm- 50 min spin class (15.4 mi) + 30 min core class

Tuesday
REST! Even thought I felt guilty about it the whole time I managed to do NO exercise on Tuesday. Instead, I made a healthy-ish pasta primavera.


If I didn't have a training blog, my next choice would be a food blog. Then again, I hardly ever make up my own recipes, so I guess I'm not really qualified to have a food blog. Then again, I'm following a randomly made up IM training plan, so maybe I'm not really qualified to have a training blog either. Anyway....

Wednesday
am- 3 mile run. This was supposed to be farther, but it became GI limited. I finally staggered home, made my pit stop, and decided to make myself a pumpkin chai latte instead of finishing the run. Yeah step back week!
pm- 60 min spin with hard intervals (20.2 miles)
Dumb move #1- my legs felt so good from being partially rested that I KILLED them during this spin interval session.

Thursday
am- 45 min strength + core
Dumb move #2- lifting too hard, AGAIN, for the 2nd week in a row
pm- 6.5 mi run (8:19) 

Friday
3600 yard master's swim 

Saturday
59.7 miles biking, 5400 ft climbing, 13.6 mph
Unfortunately I took my step-back ride last weekend, so I actually had to do something on the bike this weekend. We did this same ride 0.4 mph faster last time, but after dumb moves 1 & 2 my quads we gassed before the ride even started. As a reward for finishing (despite passing by the Orinda BART, which looked like a VERY attractive form of transportation at mile 40ish), we got Stags!


Sunday
The last day to take advantage of reduced volume- a "long" 10.3 mile run (8:25). 

Back to the kitchen to finish cooking dinner.. losing this hour is really rough!


1 comment:

  1. That pasta looks so good. Love me some orechiette!

    Good job not being lazy yesterday and getting your run in (and nice pace!). I wonder if my legs remember how to run anymore. Le sigh.

    And yay for the most efficient vacation planning session ever!

    Chen

    ReplyDelete