Monday, February 9, 2015

The 24 week countdown to IM Canada begins!

Posted by Rachel

"The swim comes first."

I saw this on a t-shirt and liked it :) It's also completely true. So based on the facts, it's only natural that I started my 24 week training plan with a 4k yard swim this morning. There was someone good there who offered to do my 6 x 500 set with me, so I ended up busting my ass way harder than I planned on. It ended up being fine and I was really happy about my times, except I was starving when I finished the workout (but what else is new anyway?) After work we hit the gym for a spin class and then a core class. I'm pretty excited to gear up this training. I'll post a more comprehensive training recap at the end of the week, but I had a couple more thoughts now:

-In the pool this morning I accidentally got in the lane right next to where my new boss was swimming (when I first jumped in I didn't notice). I'm not sure if he ever realized it was me. Poll: is it awkward to see your boss at the pool?
-Our kitchen is DONE! I'm now realizing how much I missed pasta :) Yep... pasta 2 nights in a row, and more to come this weekend!

Travers took this photo, though it looks like the focus is more on the wine than the brand new kitchen or his wife.

2 comments:

  1. 1) My boss is my friend, so no, not that weird. But I'm assuming you're not besties with your boss, so yes, kind of weird
    2) You've been crushing your workouts this week! Amazing track times
    3) Your kitchen looks AMAZEBALLS and I can wait to eat ALL OF THE PASTA in it this weekend!!

    - Chen

    ReplyDelete