Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekend of fall kick-offs

Posted by Rachel

This weekend of September is always significant, but this year instead of two things happening there are three (note- only one is training related):

1.) Kick-off to Healdsburg half training
I made my training plan for my goal fall race. Admittedly, there are a lot of unideal training scenarios incorporated in this plan (for example, being out of town for 10 days in a row starting this Friday). So I made the not-quite-ideal-but-as-good-as-it-will-get-given-my-travel-schedule training plan. I kicked off training by running my first double-digit mile run in over 3 weeks- 10.2 miles. The pace was good but today my legs are sore. I feel kind of like a rookie. It should be an interesting fall.

2.) NFL kick-off
This is probably my husband's favorite part of this weekend, despite #3 below. Luckily for him, I also love football, and brunch + football Sunday is a common occurrence in our house.

Foreground: Scrambled eggs w/chive and ricotta on ciabatta toast w/fruit salad
Background: Major Patriots debacle (surprise Bills victory not shown)

3.) The anniversary of the biggest party we've ever thrown

Here are some fellow bloggers :)

Fall 2014... here we come!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe that was two years ago!! Happy anniversary! Is that me in the picture? It looks like my dress. Eric was pretty psyched for football to start as well. Cibatta might be my favorite bread. Did you know Wegmans has it as an option for their subs now? Next time you are back east you need to get it if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely you! I thought about "tagging" you but then I didn't really know how to do it on blogger, and I also didn't know if you would mind, so I gave up. Wegmans sub on ciabatta sounds SO good right now...then again, I deprived myself of an afternoon snack because we are going to a nice dinner so I think any food would sound amazing. I will get it next time, thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! (late) That was an epic... epic wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha such an awesome wedding photo. Can you guys renew your vows so that we can do it all again? Kthx.

    ReplyDelete